Lenticular Filters in Australia
Lenticular filters are a type of depth filter, which is composed of materials like Cellulose mixed with Diatomaceous Earth, which makes them ideal for applications where high levels of particle removal are required, such as in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries.
CoPure offers a wide range of lenticular filters and housings to meet the needs of every industry. Our filters are available in many micron ratings, and in the traditional Cellulose and Diatomaceous Earth and are also available in the new added Activated Carbon range, which would be very beneficial for beverage industry, where reducing or eliminating certain tastes or odours in some products is important. We also offer a variety of housings to fit our filters and other filter brands.
Benefits of Using Lenticular Filters
- High levels of particle removal: Lenticular filters can remove particles at a much wider range than membrane filters, which makes them an ideal pre-filtration step that protects the membrane filters downstream.
- Large surface area: The structure of lenticular filters gives them a large surface area. This allows the filter to remove more particles per unit volume of fluid than a traditional depth filter.
- Reduced pressure drop: The large surface area of a lenticular filter helps to reduce the pressure drop across the filter. This makes them ideal for applications where high flow rates are required.
- Long filter life: Lenticular filters are typically able to filter larger amounts of fluid than traditional depth filters before they need to be replaced. This can save time and money in the long run.
Applications for Lenticular Filters
Lenticular filters are used in a variety of applications, including:
- Food and beverage processing: Lenticular filters are used to remove particles from food and beverage products, such as wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing: Lenticular filters are used to remove particles from pharmaceutical products, especially in the post fermentation filtration step.
- Water treatment: Lenticular filters are used to remove particles from bore water, which optimises further filtration steps and saves on cost.
To learn more about lenticular filters from CoPure, contact us today.